What To Expect
Upon your arrival at Dr. Zoey Orthodontics, please notify our receptionist. We can’t wait to welcome you to our office.
Dr. Zoey Gutierrez-Nickel will conduct a thorough clinical orthodontic examination, including diagnostic records to explain all aspects of treatment herself.
The Purpose of the Initial Examination is to Answer:
- What sort of problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
- To determine how we can best achieve your specific smile goals in order to bring you the most confidence with your smile!
If orthodontic treatment is indicated at this time, you will be scheduled for braces to be put on, or Invisalign records to be taken. If time allows, these appointments may be the same day as the initial visit.
What are Diagnostic Records?
- We take models without the “goopy molds”.
- Our 3D Scanner allows us to take digital models of your teeth comfortably and without a mess!
- Panoramic and cephalogram radiographs and tracings.
- Doctor’s studying the diagnostic records and determining the best course of treatment.
What is the Cost of the Treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. Our treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options, during the initial exam, if treatment is required. We have different payment plans to suit your budget and although we do not accept assignment from most insurance plans, we are happy to help you file your insurance to make sure you get your maximum benefit!
Affordable monthly payment plans are available.
What Does my Investment Include?
Your investment includes:
- Orthodontic records, which consists of x-rays, study models and a personalized growth study workup to determine your treatment objectives.
- Active treatment fee for both early treatment options and complete comprehensive treatment with braces or Invisalign includes all appliances, office visits, and procedures performed in the office. Appliances are durable and should last through the entire treatment period if the patient follows instructions. If appliances require replacement due to loss, breakage, misuse or failure to eliminate foods that cause damage, we reserve the right to charge an additional replacement fee.
- One set of final retainers is provided upon completion of treatment. There is a replacement fee for each additional retainer that is lost or broken.
What Doesn’t my Investment Include?
- Work performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice.
- If an accident or injury occurs during treatment which results in TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular-Joint) complications, additional orthodontics, orthognathic surgery, etc, a fee adjustment may be required to complete treatment under these unusual circumstances.
Assignment of Benefits
We do not accept assignment of benefits from most insurance plans, but we will be happy to file claims so that the insured can be reimbursed directly. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments may be made to your contract.
It is our goal to see you, on time, for your appointment. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment and answer any questions you may have. In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive on time to avoid delays, as the day progresses. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated by our office and the patients that are seen after your appointment.